CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'92 paint code

rgnoon

This may be a stupid question but,

Where the heck can I find the paint code on my '92 Eldo. Both my friend's 95 deville and 98 STS have the convenient magic GM barcode with that holds every piece of information about the car...it's nowhere to be found on the Eldorado, so we figure GM hadn't started using them yet. The code doesn't seem to be on the door panels with the weight specs and other information, and I'm trying to figure out where else to look. I'd just match it up with the brochures from '92 but the car is a pretty unique shade of Red and I've yet to see another '92 caddy like it. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them, thanks!

-ryan

You could maybe find an original sales brochure on eBay...i found one for my '94 pretty cheap. It would have all the colors available that year listed w/ paint chips. I know that's a pain, but if all else fails...

thanks guys, I just finally did the smart thing and checked the service manual. The paint code is listed on the "print and trim options" label which is pasted to the underside of the Spare tire well cover...great place to hide it...now i'll just have to find a list to reference with the codes...now if anyone had any suggestions for this one i'd be golden.

thanks again guys

Archived