CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wood Grain Interior

jtcaddy

I have used 3m fine cut rubbing compound to clean up the wood trim it does a nice job I don't use it often but it does make it sparkle. Just apply it with a old terry cloth towel or t shirt and be careful you don't wnat to rub through the clear coating on the wood it has worked geat for me..

Jim

Hi jtcaddy

If thats the case in the wood the compound won't do the trick. I had to change the shifter knob on mine an 01 for that white color in the wood it was starting to wear in a small spot and had that white tint. I never did try to fool with it like putting some clear coat on it or varnish I just replaced it.

Good Luck

Jim

The sun's ultraviolet radiation will pretty much ruin the wood trim in any car after a few years. Polishing the wood with carnauba wax will protect it against the UV radiation. Additionally, the wood losses its moisture after years of being explosed to the heat and cold and thus it begins to shrink and the clear coat on the wood begins to either crack, fade, fog up, or delaminate from the wood. Having the clear coat removed, the wood conditioned and the clear coat reapplied might not be worth it unless the wood is a very expensive and rare type. Sometimes, the clear coat can be repaired using epoxy resin to fill in the cracks and then smoothed out with appropriate rubbing material.

If the wood is in really bad condition, you may have to just simply replace it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hello

Where is the best place to buy the wood grain replacement parts at a resonable price really only need the area where the heated seat buttons are and a section on the passenger and driver door steering wheel is good and the shifter is good to.

Thanks again for all your info

JTCADDY :D

Hi

The only place I know would be order the trim from the dealer.Or if there is a junk yard near you maybe they would have a car with the trim you need. On a few cars that I have owned I purched items like the trim and such from junk yards very cheap but I had to remove the part at the junk yard they just told me go hunt around in the yard we have a few of that model after i removed the trim went inside and showed the guy the parts He just told me give me $5 bucks.

Good Luck

Jim

Archived