CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just My Luck

BMWburner

Thanks Warren, I forgot to plug the the IAT back in when I cleaned out my throttle body. :P As a valued member of the 95' club, I was wondering if you know where the ignition controll module is. You would really help me out if you could find out for me.

I'm under the impression that it's under the coil pack but I don't really know.

Thanks,

--Ben

The ICM is on the rear cylinder bank. It's hard to miss. Your four separate coil packs are sitting on top of it. Just as you thought. ;)

Regards,

Warren

P.S. I'm gettin' ready to jump ship. Lookin' to join the '99 - '00 club!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Wish I could join you, Warren. ;) I love the 95' though, I looked at alot of Caddy's while shopping and the 96'-98' interiors didn't rub me the right way. They have a bad case of GM's playskool looking rounded buttons, and dim orange looking guage illumination. The 95' year was the most hansome year for the STS interior, in my opinion, but the 99' on has a great interior. I especially love the electroluminecent gauges. B) I Didn't have the scratch for a 99'. Oh well, after college I'll go buy an STS-V that I can't really afford and all will be grand.

Thanks for the help,

--Ben

Wish I could join you, Warren. ;) I love the 95' though, I looked at alot of Caddy's while shopping and the 96'-98' interiors didn't rub me the right way. They have a bad case of GM's playskool looking rounded buttons, and dim orange looking guage illumination. The 95' year was the most hansome year for the STS interior, in my opinion, but the 99' on has a great interior. I especially love the electroluminecent gauges. B) I Didn't have the scratch for a 99'. Oh well, after college I'll go buy an STS-V that I can't really afford and all will be grand.

Thanks for the help,

--Ben

Yeah, I hear you. Initially I went for the '95 because it appeared not to suffer from some of those things that were problematic in other years (tranny solenoids etc). Additionally, I liked the fact that the '95s were just flat out faster than the other years (never heard a proper explanation for that, however).

Overall, I just felt the ElDorado was simply a fine piece of hardware.

Also, I prefer to drive with the windows down whenever possible, and find a two door car is better for that. A four door vehicle puts the "B" pillar right next to your left ear and seems to want to introduce to you turbulance or a sort that is simply painful.

In my early college years I drove a Corvair convertible (Judsen supercharger, Rochester four barrel), BUT NOBODY in my circle drove a Cadillac in those years. Frankly, none of them would have wanted to drive a Caddy or have been caught dead in one. Just shows you how things have changed! BOY! am I dating myself?!?

Regards,

Warren :lol:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I am looking at a 1991 Manual, so I can not give you details as to where it is on your 1995.

But I might be able to help. You see, there is no MAT on a 1995 vehicle. Forgive me for being playful, but '95 vehicles used an IAT (Intake Air Temperature sensor). I have a 1995 FSM and would be pleased to provide any details you might find helpful.

Here is a 50KB photo of text from the FSM that describes the IAT and mentions it is "mounted in the air intake duct":

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/IATSensor.jpg

Here is A THROTTLE BODY PHOTO that also contains text. It notes that the "throttle switch" as opposed to the TPS we are discussing is not servicable. The 144KB photo can be found here:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBuc...ISCActuator.jpg

A text blurb (111KB) related to the Throttle Position Sensor is here:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBuc...PSensorText.jpg

It seems to suggest that the PCM will "learn" all by its lonesome.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. I wish, like Scotty, I could scan rather than photograph these uploads, but I haven't found a way to do it without breaking the spine of the book. Maybe one day Scotty will give up the secret. :D

Sorry I was just reacting to the code received P038 Open MAT Sensor Signal, odd that the 95 would not have one :blink:

I just lay the book down on my scanner and scan away sometimes its hard to do but it always seems to work. My manual is quite messed up from all of this scanning however, but it was used when I bought it. I have an HP multi-function unit, and sometimes I have taken a photocopy of the page and then scanned it. Mike

Sorry I was just reacting to the code received P038 Open MAT Sensor Signal, odd that the 95 would not have one :blink:

Scotty,

You need not EVER be sorry on this forum. :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

. . . . I was just reacting to the code received P038 Open MAT Sensor Signal, odd that the 95 would not have one :blink:

Odder still, don't you think, that it should report having one of a thing it DOESN'T have one of? :blink:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

. . . .  I was just reacting to the code received P038 Open MAT Sensor Signal, odd that the 95 would not have one  :blink:

Odder still, don't you think, that it should report having one of a thing it DOESN'T have one of? :blink:

Regards,

Warren

Warren, that is why I said odd... Imagine if your car gave you a turbo intercooler overheat code? :lol: But baby you don't have a TURBO! What is the code for Psychosomatic illness?!

Archived