CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wet Sand 2000

ted tcb

I'm always looking at better ways to detail my cars. A coworker ordered the Langka Wet sand 2000 scratch repair kit, and let me try it on my STS.

The results were impressive ... I had played around with Turtle Wax rubbing compound and Maguires X scratch remover with a power buffer, but experienced inconsistant results. If the scratches looked better, they came back after 1 or 2 washes. The coloured waxes were no better, just temporary fixes.

After seeing my scratch disappear with the wetsand, I ordered the kit. Basically, you use 2000 grit sandpaper, wet, and sand aong the scratch, up and down.

After the scratch disappears, you use a scratch filler and then a sealer. The results were awsome. If the scratch is through the clearcoat into the paint, then this method won't work.

My car came with a vandalised hood ... scratches from some punk who didn't like a shiny Caddy on the lot. I bought the car with the intention of repainting the hood, but check out the wet sand results .... it would be scary working on a scratch on a pefect hood, but I had nothing to lose.

post-3-1125963754_thumb.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Another pic.

post-3-1125963853_thumb.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White