CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1976 Eldorado

rringeisen

I have 1 1976 Eldorado with the 500 efi engine and I am not able to correct a very rough idle. My mechanic has reviewed / replaced most of the fuel injectors and rails but the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas?

How does it run aside from the poor idle? A common problem on the early EFI cars is failure of the temperature sensors; they should read about 1000 ohms at room temperature.

Thanks Kevin - it runs very well once it has warmed up - highway driving is great.

As I recall, their resistance increases with temperature (unlike newer thermistors); an open circuit would force the system to run too lean, which might explain the poor operation during warm up.

• 3 years later...
Thanks Kevin - it runs very well once it has warmed up - highway driving is great.

As I recall, their resistance increases with temperature (unlike newer thermistors); an open circuit would force the system to run too lean, which might explain the poor operation during warm up.

have any other expierence wth that fuel injection - I cant get mine to run good at all - all speeds, temps - sometimes, it wont even start.

any ideas?

Archived