CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Some pics of the DTS

STS Scott

My Dad's DTS has never really got a formal introduction here on the board, so I figure i'll give it the spotlight today...

I just snapped some pics of it, but they didn't turn out quite that 'good', but I'll throw em up anyway!

She's a 2001, pearl red, tan leather (no screen... he wanted one, but you can't be to picky when buying used!)

We bought it about a year ago and imported it from Detroit (Gooley Cadillac, St. Clair Shores)

The first thing my Dad did was shod it with the vogues. He had a set on his previous 97' Aurora, which looked dynamite. They don't look as outstanding on the Deville as they did on the Olds, but nonetheless, classy I think.

Here she is, I'll try and take some more flattering pics one day...

Deiville.JPG

post-3-1122258823_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

You should look into getting the chrome pillar posts for the 01' Deville, that would really bring out the rims !! Check it out on eBay, I got mine custom for my 96' for only $46 :D !

THAT ...IS one SWEET ride!!!

I like it!

Those vogue tires are awesome lookin'.

I must admit I was never a fan of red on these cars, but this one......WELL!!!

Life is too short to grow up!

Anyone got Pics of a white diamond DTS with vogue tires? I am thinking about picking up a set but am wondering how they would look on the Factory 17's.

Simply put, they would look excellent.

For proof, well, if you lived anywhere near Detroit you could take a walk around the block an most likely find a DTS with vogues. They will shod ANY car with vogues over there! LOL

From personal experience, my Dad's old Aurora (1997 it was) was pearl white. He had it for about a year before buying the tires (sorry, "Tyres" as they say!). He and I agreed the car boring looking, and the white was to blame (His prior car was a bright red Pontiac Bonneville SSEi! lol). He had been considering getting the vogues for Olds, from seeing them so much in Detroit, so he decided "what the heck", and we went over to Detroit to get them.

Both of our mouths dropped as the car rolled out of the service bay. The car was absolutly gorgeous! It still blows me away, and we still talk about what an outstanding difference those tires made for that car. They seemed to enhance everything...the styling of the car seemed bolder, the wheels seemed to have more depth, the white of the tire perfectly complemented the pearl paint, and the gold stripe on the tire was the perfect accent colour to give the appearance just the right amount of zest.

It really was a beautiful car after that.

As for the DTS, the vogues were a shoe-in, as they were part of this little 'vision' my Dad had of what the car should look like. They did enhance the car, but not to the outstanding level that they did with the Olds. Then again, your pearl white paint would benefit greatly from that splash of colour that the gold stripe adds, so my verdict would be go for it!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

And the rear. The Northstar badge has been updated too...

Hmmmmmmmmm....get a lens hood for that camera dude!! :lol:

Oh yeah, almost forget, the car looks great! LOL!! :P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived