CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

In from a night on the town with my "New" Eldorado

So my plan was to pick up my Eldorado from the farm tommorow morning and work on a few things. Plans changed quickly, before I knew it I was packing ATF, Engine oil, air tank, VIN number from the Eldo on a piece of paper and I was going down to get a 24hr permit.

My buddy works at the local Cadillac dealer and I need a transmission (yea that's a big ticket item), and a fuel rail recall at the least done. He asked if I can leave it there until the parts came in and tranny came in and it was fine. So tonight Scotty an I ran out to the farm, it was getting dark fast, we topped up the engine oil, topped up the tranny oil, filled the one tire with air, filled it up with gas and we were on our way in to town. There was a large amount of carbon build up in the engine, but driving for 20 kms, in second, going in between 60 km/h and 90 km/h, that engine made no noise when I got back to town. Thanks Guru.

So I had to take it for a quick wash of course, then went to my other buddy's house to show off the big unit. And on the way there there is this Ford Contour riding my *smurf* crazy style. I was in no mood to play any games since I had no insurance on the car with the 24hr permit so I pulled into my buddy's driveway. All of a sudden a plain clothed police officer steps out of the Contour and asks for licence and registration, the tags are out of date (I had the old licence plate off of the LHS on it). Luckly I had my 24hr permit right handy and I sent her packing lol...She was none too nice. Took my buddy for a quick drive in it and he's more excited for me to get it running than I think I am...nahh can't be :P .

So far everything seems to run perfect on the car (other than the tranny) and the car is going to my Scotty's service bay at the Cadillac dealership, what more could a guy ask for? :D

All around I am completly impressed with the car, and it can only go up from here. Thanks Caddyinfo!

Spence

I was in no mood to play any games since I had no insurance on the car  . . . . 

Jeeze, dunno what the laws are like closer to the Artic Circle, but down here driving uninsured can land you in a pot of red-hot-salsa if you're unlucky enough to be involved in an accident. That is, if you're an employed person with community roots and possessions. :unsure:

Of course, if you're an undocumented visitor with no possessions and no visible means of support, it's different. Just don't show up for the hearing. :angry:

Sorry to sound negative, but I've twice been rear ended by such folk. No injuries either time. First one paid cash to avoid any problems ($2500). Second one disappeared with the wind ($850 out of my pocket).

Can't you get some sort of "temporary" insurance for such a venture?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I was in no mood to play any games since I had no insurance on the car  . . . . 

Jeeze, dunno what the laws are like closer to the Artic Circle, but down here driving uninsured can land you in a pot of red-hot-salsa if you're unlucky enough to be involved in an accident. That is, if you're an employed person with community roots and possessions. :unsure:

Of course, if you're an undocumented visitor with no possessions and no visible means of support, it's different. Just don't show up for the hearing. :angry:

Sorry to sound negative, but I've twice been rear ended by such folk. No injuries either time. First one paid cash to avoid any problems ($2500). Second one disappeared with the wind ($850 out of my pocket).

Can't you get some sort of "temporary" insurance for such a venture?

Regards,

Warren

What I meant is the 24 hour permit gives me liability insurance if I get into an accident with someone else. My car has no insurance, if I got into an accident, I would have to pay out of pocket for all repairs, but the other person's car would be covered.

Spence

What I meant is the 24 hour permit gives me liability insurance if I get into an accident with someone else. My car has no insurance, if I got into an accident, I would have to pay out of pocket for all repairs, but the other person's car would be covered.

Okay, that's cool. ;)

I didn't understand the implications of a "24 hour permit." Sorry for being a snot.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

In Ontario, you get a 10 day temporary permit for $15.00, but you have to provide an insurance slip!

Funny how the laws are different in each province....

ARCTIC CIRCLE?????

probably hotter here than there WARREN :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Life is too short to grow up!

ARCTIC CIRCLE?????

probably hotter here than there WARREN :lol::lol::lol::lol:

NNNnnnn . . . . NOPE!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived