CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 Seville Blowing Hot AC!

deemanw

First. It is full of Freon!

I want to know all parts concerning the air conditioning system. Where can a I get a free or low cost pictorial diagram and techinical operation/diagnostic data. It is blowing hot air right now even with freon full.

You might check your fuses to see if one to the air conditioner is blown. Look in your owners manual or better yet, a shop manual to see what fuses go where. I had the same problem with my 92 Deville

post-3-1077662467.jpg

Unfortunately I can't help you with the diagram. I'm assuming you're talking about the 91 Seville which would have the 4.9l engine. If so, follow the serpentine belt down directly behind the radiator, and the lower most pulley would be the AC compressor. It can be identified somewhat easily as there's a clutch on the pulley head. As I stated earlier, with the hood open you should easily be able to hear the unit cycling as the clutch engages in disengages.

Just because the unit does not engage does not mean it's bad, this is just to get an idea of where you need to your start troubleshooting. If it does not engage you more than likely have a blown fuse, bad pressure switch, or possible controller issue.

let me know your findings and if there's anything else I can do to help

t

Archived