CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My Poor Caddy, Part 2

Well, i got the word today from the insurance company, they are going to write off my car. :( darn Deer. Diddnt think there was that much damage, but when i saw the repair estimate i was really shocked $6400.00. Shop said it would have been very difficult to find replacement parts, used, and the price of new parts are crazy, $1000.00 for a hood, 419.00 per headlight, $220.00 for a grill, darn.

Now i get to go out and try and find another caddy, lucky me, just hope i dont buy someone else's nightmare.

Wish me luck, i'll keep you posted.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

I went and took a look at the picture, and heck yes it's a total. On average, $6.5k buys a hood, grill, and some paint. You might want to see if they will let you keep the car after they "pay" it off. The car's title will probally turn into a salvage title. Also, the paying insurance company, if they don't take the car, will most likely have you sign a waiver, saying that they have paid the full value of the vehicle and will not pay any additional payments in the advent of future damage.

The thing is that you can probally find someone who can do the repair for a heck of a lot less than the estimate.

The estimate is high because any legitimate body repair shop has a big liability over their head. There are parts such as the frame that can straightened out but if they do, and somebody later crashes the car and gets hurt, they can be sued. So basically, they have to fix everything with original parts such that it is like original.

Often, you can find someone that will do it much cheaper but often you have to pay with cash. They don't want you coming back to haunt them.

IPB Image

Matt, you should be happy now buddy!

I am 100% sure you will love the new one you just baught from McMahons.

Nice Diamond white 96 STS....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We will fix'er up, and get'er going this week....

Big Jay :ph34r:

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived