CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Scotty How is your A/C overhaul

JIMDTS

You guys are nudges! I am feeling pressure to do this! :lol: Not yet, tomorrow I plan to spent the entire day on it! I had planned to do it today, but I got wrapped up with other stuff... Will report back... I need to get this off my back, I have a garage full of new parts... :blink: Thanks for prodding me... :lol:

Ok take your time.

Having a car without air reminds me of a new Buick I had in the 80's that it had a electrical short in the wiring harness and the A/C and windows did not work or the blower motor It was a real hot summer day i was leaving work one afternoon got in the car man it was hot driving that thing home I pulled over on the side of the road after a few miles took out the tire iron and broke out both front windows just to make it home I sure remember that car..When I made it home Bethpage to Moriches on the Island I parked the car for the weekend outside took off for the weekend and we had a big rain storm when I returned the interior was filled with water up to the bottom of the seats that car was sure a mess for awhile..

Cheers

Jim

Ok take your time.

Having a car without air reminds me of a Buick I had in the 80's that it had a electrical short in the wiring harness and the A/C and windows did not work or the blower motor It was a real hot summer day i was leaving work one afternoon got in the car man it was hot driving that thing home I pulled over on the side of the road after a few miles took out the tire iron and broke out both front windows just to make it home I sure remember that car..

Cheers

Jim

No don't get me wrong I appreciate the prodding. I think Johnnydone also prodded me... I am glad you guys are paying attention.. Who do you know who has a new compressor on their shelf collecting dust like I do! It was 98 yesterday and I had to ride to Uniondale in rush hour traffic..

My business has taken off and I am really busy with assignments (a good thing). But you are right, I am DYING from the heat and so is my daughter, tomorrow I will not stop until I have flushed the lines and installed the new compressor, condenser and accumulator.. thanks, Mike

Are you on Long Island? I don't think I knew that

It's good that your business is going well You have to go with the flow and make the bucks while you can.Good Luck

I used to live on the Island(moriches and hampton's 2 moves on the island was enough for me. in the 80's and 90's before I retired from an aerospace co. I was based out of Bethpage but hardly ever their I was always on the road fix'n sh-- Aircraft go figure..Now I'm in Michigan

Jim

Yep, Maybe by sight but the name you mentioned does not ring a bell It was a fairly large co..with many operations , product lines and communities I bailed just before the merger. I guess we discovered this place on the same day small world when you think about it.

Jim

Jeeze Scotty, get those di-freonium134a crystals goin' wouldja? It hurts me to even hear about it!

Funny you should mention Grumman . . . I now work in the old Comstock building ("History Was Made Here!").

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

It's good that your business is going well You have to go with the flow and make the bucks while you can.Good Luck

I used to live on the Island(moriches and hampton's 2 moves on the island was enough for me. in the 80's and 90's before I retired from an aerospace co. I was based out of Bethpage but hardly ever their I was always on the road fix'n sh-- Aircraft go figure..Now I'm in Michigan

Jim

Louie Reidell was in aerospace also, he had something to do with the LEM...

Scotty, do your ac, it's great to chill on a hot summer drive with the product your own sweat and cursing.

I converted my '88 Seville to r34a back in 1999 using a reman fourseasons, esther oil and r34 sold as duster spray at electronics stores (canada here). The consensus was that it would never work or blow up in short order..

The compressor started making an godawful noise before i left my driveway for the first ac trip. Same compressor leaks oil at half-case joint. But guess what i drive now, when my Eldo is undergoing engine surgery. Yep, six years later, same charge topped up with another can of duster, same noise, same cold....hee heee!

Cheers

emil

Archived