CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

adjusting trans tables

lacseville

my seville seems to shift into od too soon sometimes and doesn't really bog the motor, but rpms are just not high enough IMO. It shift into OD right at 42 mph every time under light acceleration. I just leave the shifter in 3rd unless I'm going above 50 for any longer periods of time. Can the trans tables be adjust through the computer. Does it sound like I need to do this if so. Who can do it? What about converter lock-up points, etc. I don't care if my trans made me spill my morning coffee!

It doesn't sound like you NEED to do it. 40MPH is about where it is supposed to go into OD. Mine shifts at 41. Wanting to do it is another story and I can't help there.

It is possible to change the shift timing and VCC characteristics by modifying the EPROM on the Memcal. You'll need to spend hundreds of hours hacking the code and experimenting. I have a binary image from a 1991 4.9 if you want to get started!

oh gee... let me think... NOPE. never mind. didn't realize it was that involving!!

My 2001 dosen't go into OD until around 45MPH and comes back out at 40MPH. On slow secondary roads OverDrive would immprove my mileage.

post-3-1077584634.jpg

Archived