CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Employee Discount

JasonA

I really like the new GM commercial advertising the employee discount. I think it integrates the different brands of GM well, and is one of those "warm feeling" commercials that GM has needed all along. It's too bad it took them so long to come out with this one. I thought it was a great commercial by itself...and almost thought the bit at the end about price (employee discount) "cheapened" the message. I think it commercial could have stood by itself. GM needs more brand-enhancing messages...not just cheap deals.

On a related note, I was at my local Cadillac dealer purchasing new taillight sockets (mine have finally started acting up) and saw a new LOADED DTS. Sticker was $56k or $58k. With the employee discount, it was down to about $45k. Not bad for a loaded DTS probably.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Yes I agree on the commercials. I saw them a few times this past weekend. It make me wonder about a 2004 STS and just what the insentive program covers. I wonder whos commercial came out first though, Ford had the same commercial on this weekend.At least I think it was ford, all I remember was that it was another commercial with the same discount program for some type of SUV.

There was no 2004 STS... sort of.

A discussion a few weeks led to the revelation that the 2004 STS DOES, in fact, exist. It is extremely rare, however. Several hundred were produced for the model year 2004 and most of them were for the Canadian buyers as far as we could tell. In the States, the SLS was supposed to be the only available and last remaing "Seville" while waiting for the new "Sigma" Touring Sedan due out model year 05.

If you could find one definitely take advantage of the GM family discount :P

Archived