CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Glad these Northstars have some power

JIMDTS

Hi

I was driving today on the xpressway. I was doing 80 in a 65 in the center lane and a monte carlo with some nut is comming up fast and gets POed I don't move out of his way and the left lane was clear so he could just go around. Well he pulls along side me and strarts telling me off I just ignore him and cruise along. He pulls away and when we come to the interchange a horseshoe type 2 lane he's in the left SO I figure this nut is up to something I drop mine into second do a WOT in the right passing all the traffic and slipping between a car or two and now he is trying to play catch up and does not have the power. He was trying to block me in the left so I could not pass him on the expressway.Then he is following me on the xpressway So I exited and so did he now we are sitting at a stop sign and he is blowing his horn Their was a small break in traffic so I just took off quick and jumped back on the expressway and he could not find me I usually just let these nuts go but i thought Hey I can drive too..The guy had nascar stickers on his car and was wearing a nascar jacket..He even tried to crowd me on the curve we were close but not that close I had a few inches between my drivers side mirror and his right mirror and some room on my right to get out of his way if i had too..It was fun but these days playing with these nuts can be dangerous you read about this road rage stuff all the time..Glad i was alone my wife would have been VERY upset

Ineteresting morning..I'm glad i went with the dts over the dhs model..

Jim

Hi Scotty

This one came under checking the suspension. I was really flying around the curve and the tires gripped wery well Just about the end of the curve I hit redline and it shifed into 3rd.. Glad it didn't happen in the middle of the curve I like to keep the rpm's up if a can during hard cornering.

Cheers

Jim

THATS WHY I HATE FREEWAYS. JERKOFFS LIKE THAT..... THEY`RE EVERYWHERE. I TRAVEL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ON TWO LANE STATE ROADS. IT TAKES LONGER TO GET THERE BUT THE DRIVE IS MUCH NICER AND THE SCENERY IS WAY BETTER. BESIDES, MOST OF THE " RACE CAR BOBS" ARE DRIVING FAST ON THE STRAIGHT FREEWAYS.

There are nuts everywhere. You can not let the possibility of running into a crazy jerk totaly influence the way you react to the world. Be responsible and have your own life and fun. More power too you.

Thats what I love about my caddy, at 60-65 mph when people irratate you, a few seconds of the pedal to the floor and they are usually history or to embarassed to try to catch up because the old guy in the road pig just made their car look like it stalled

Thats what I love about my caddy, at 60-65 mph when people irratate you, a few seconds of the pedal to the floor and they are usually history or to embarassed to try to catch up because the old guy in the road pig just made their car look like it stalled

That is so true, I dusted off a few unsuspecting NATS today myself. I was in a big hurry to make a deadline and its amazing how useful this power can be to get your through and around traffic... It just explodes past everything

It explodes past everyone in a polite and visualy apealling way.--- I hope. :)

It explodes past everyone in a polite and visualy apealling way.--- I hope. :)

Always, it looks like the USS ENTERPRISE as it jumps to WARP speed, stretching out like a COMET.....

I was really in a rush today, that engine amazes me, it really wants to go

Yes the caddies are fairly quick and handle ok I would like to do some mods but if I really wanted something fast and would handle I probably would go with a vette or something like that. These mods are tempting for thr dts higher-rate front and rear springs, a 30mm solid front anti-roll bar, beefier polyurethane bushings, a brace between the front strut towers, and a one-inch reduction in ride height. slap on some 18-inch Goodyear Eagle F1s atop eight-inch-wide Konig wheels And dial back the settings on the stability control system it interrupts at about 8/10ths of cornering potential control

These are some of the things that were done on the Tim Allen DTS and I think it would make for a nice highway cruiser.. I could live with out the engine mods that were done..Normally I just ignore these jokers on the road but this guy was an A--hole In my younger days i would have either given him a brake job while he was tail gateing me or side swiped him and left my paint on the side of his car but you don't have any brains when you are young and now a days attorney fees aren't cheap.. I should have just put my car in reverse and slammed into him at the stop sign and got out and swore to god the guy hit me in the a-- while I was stopped Oh I've done that one too..

Here's the link to the article

Cheers

Jim

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...9&page_number=1.

Archived