CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'06 DTS Engine outputs

Rick94

The specs for the new ’06 DTS (http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/models...c.jsp?model=dts ) gives Hp and torque of 275@5200 and 292@4400 for the standard engine, and 291@5600 and 286@4400 for the NHP high output engine. An ’05 Deville shows 275 Hp and 300 lb-ft, an ’05 DTS has 290 Hp and 285 lb-ft. Note the torque drop on the standard engine, while the NHP is up by 1 Hp and 1 lb-ft...

If these numbers are correct, obviously the FWD Northstar will be “tweaked” again for the ’06 model year… anyone know the differences? (Although I’m not sure we can entirely trust the preliminary info on the ’06 DTS… the same powertrain specs page lists the engines as 2.8L and 3.6L under the “Fuel Economy” page…Ooops! (Maybe I should fire off an e-mail to the Cadillac webmaster.)

C’mon, bbobynski, spill the beans! LOL :P

Thanks, Rick94

The testing procedures changed? Is this akin to the gross -> net change back in the '70s...were all hp numbers will have a different meaning now, or will at least have to be tested under different circumstances across the board?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

OK... thanks for the info! Sorry I missed the previous post on this subject--I've been away from the board for awhile.

It's still interesting to me regarding the difference the change in test procedure had on the two engines... why would the NHP numbers go up by 1 (a small change indeed), but the standard engine drop only the torque by 8 lb-ft???

As far as looks go, I guess I'll have to wait and see an '06 DTS in real life before I make up my mind...

Archived