CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trip Computer Won't Reset

As the title states, no matter how long I press the "Trip Set" button, it never resets. It did once right after I bought it (about 3 weeks ago). Also, the "Reset" button seems to do nothing. Is my trip computer toast? It posts the proper MPG (I've checked) both on instant and average. Trip odo still works, just can't reset it.

As stated in the subtitle, I'm getting frustrated. Had the car 3 weeks and it has a stumble at idle, gets crappy mileage (~12.7), trip computer seem to be a problem and now the drink holder won't stay in the armrest.

This is getting to be a royal PITA!!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :angry:

Wasn't it your statement that the fuel pressure guage is a useless device and to just shoot gas out?

Well I have a similar suggestion for you with your trip mileage, put a piece of black tape over it, they are useless! ;)

Wasn't it your statement that the fuel pressure guage is a useless device and to just shoot gas out?

Well I have a similar suggestion for you with your trip mileage, put a piece of black tape over it, they are useless! ;)

Mike, you are bad :lol:

It looks like something wrong with a button, what do you think?

Well I have a similar suggestion for you with your trip mileage, put a piece of black tape over it, they are useless!   ;)

Mike, you are bad :lol:

It looks like something wrong with a button, what do you think?

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't know those are useless, I use GPS it's much more accurate! :lol::lol::lol: I have a long memory also...

Man, you have a real problem if you are only getting 12.7 MPG with a N*! My 1996 FWD Suburban gets 15/17 MPG!

I just took a trip in my 94 SLS and it got 25 MPG.

I would start by checking for codes, changing the air filter, change the fuel filter, mist the spark plug wires. Then go out and buy a fuel pressure gage to check your pressure at the rail. (I couldn't resist that one Mike.) :P

Let us know what you find.

Britt

Archived