CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Manual Fan Switch

Aloha,

How hot is overheat? These cars run quite hot relitive to the temperatures that we used to think about. The fans are set to come on about 230-235 f. You should be able to watch the temperature drop once the fans come on. If not, maybe they arn't! Runnig temperatures of 200-210 f. are ok.

Are you loosing coolant? If so, you need to find out where it is going. I looked at the belt on my car today and saw that it was greasy! It may have been slipping.

You could run a wire from the battery to the fans through a switch on the dash but that seems slopy. Look for other reasons first, and let us know what you find.

Ed

See this is the problem the car has a problem with is very serious it has a tread head bolt problems, which started making the car blow a ton of white smoke out the mufflers. Since I brought it last year of June. Then last summer the car overheated a number or times last Aug. So I drain and refilled the coolant and add 2 bottles of bar leak "that stuff really works" after doing that It fix the smoking problem but it would get warm but would not overheat because the fans would coming on at the 220 mark. Not the it summer again the problem is back. So instead of having the fans come on at 220 I want the to come on early. I have replace the holes, Them. but not the water pump yet.

98 STS

Run the A/C all the time and the fans will run constantly. Anything the Barsleaks fixed is only temporary. Head gaskets can't be fixed from a bottle.

Archived