CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A Short Road Trip

navion

1994 SLS

The wife & I and our dog, Heidi left on last Tuesday, returned home Sunday night. The DIC 25.3 MPG overall. 3275 miles. Started in Southern Illinois, through Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin & back to Illinois on Sunday.

I lost over one mile per gallon average while in Chicago and the average speed dropped from 65.7 MPH to 60.5. Used one quart of oil. The oil life is at 65%. It was changed the day before we started the trip. On the open road I drove the speed limit either +5 or +9 depending on the surroundings & traffic.

The engine didn't miss a beat. The Odometer turned over 180,000 coming through Chicago.

The front seats in this car are excellent. I drove the whole distance. I didn't have any sore spots or cramps.

You can't beat these cars for comfort! :P

Britt

Britt

I'm very glad it all went well. Sounds like you had a very nice time and the car performed perfect. I wish you much more of the same...

Britt,

I certainly agree on the comfort - but 25.3 mpg is also dang good for a 3,275 trip considering all the stops and small towns. The majority of vehicles on the road would be struggling to average that mileage. (note, your's is a close kin to my '94 Concours ;) ).

Tough to match that level of comfort, performance and overall cost of ownership to any other 11-year old car.

Most importantly, If not ridin' in a Caddy - Heidi would probably rather walk. :P

Keep trippin' B)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived