CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

new plug wires

joeb

allright. I bought some ac/delco plug wires this weekend. not much too look at. though they did look exactly like the original wires. they went on without much trouble and i am happy to say my miss is gone. 8yrs and 90k miles may have some effect on the original wires. the box had an ac/delco number and a GM number. my dad got them at the local GM dealer so I assume they were the right ones.

hmm, going by memory here. ac number was 748J ?. gm was 1219***, 8 digit i think. don't have the box with me. they do not have 1-8 markings.they do say ac-delco though. woo-hoo. thats worth at least $10.it is pretty straightforward to replace them. course a beer or two help the install. and i did not cross up any. i did retrace the wires a few times though.

I think I got the same plug wires. What I am wondering, based on a earlier post, is if these are OEM or just AC replacement wires since they don't have the cylinder marking on them. Although mine were easy to install they did not match up exactly on the length.

Archived