CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Manifold

The exhaust manifolds are cast iron and they can be welded. I would tack them in place to keep the gasket plane in line then take it off and finish it, but that might be overkill I don't know, it might be too hard to get to. Read up on cast iron welding on this site:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/knowledge/a...ironpreheat.asp

Not all exhaust manifolds are cast iron. Depending on the engine in that Eldorado, it could have stainless steel "tubular" exhaust manifolds, no? I thought the HT4100 engines had stainless steel manifolds. If it is the Oldsmobile 350 diesel, it does have cast iron manifolds, and a used manifold from any 1981-1984 Olds 307/350 engine will work as a replacement. The diesel manifolds won't have the bung for the oxygen sensor. If you get a gas manifold, it'll have a threaded hole, and you should be able to find a suitable to cap it.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Sorry about that. I have a HT 4.1 on the car. I would like to know how hard is it for me to replace the manifold. Is there an easy way to work on it or should I leave it to the Pro's. I also will need a new oil tube, can I get any info on where I can buy one.

Archived