CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 STS

My uncle just bought a 94 STS and the power door locks wont work he was telling me this yesturday and i said i have no clue why they wouldnt work and that you guys could probly give some tips. Anyways the door locks just arent workin if you use the remote or the button on the inside they wont work and when you shift the car in drive they still wont work. The weird thing though is that you also cant pop the trunk with the remote the remote just wont work for anything. What could be going on here checked the fuses and there are none for the power locks that i could see :huh: What do you guys suggest?

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

cadillac_caddy_sts

Up until a few weeks ago I had this exact same problem. My remote wasn't working and whenever I put the car in drive or park the central locking system wouldn't work. I accidently solved this problem by opening and reinstalling the battery cables. Try this and see if it solves your problem.

Ok he was talking about trying that i dont know if he did we are going over to his house tommorow i will be sure to pass that on to him.

user posted image

• 1 month later...

Well I was talking to him today they still arent working now something even weirder he was telling me when he puts the car in drive the doors will lock and when he go's back in drive they stay locked. So now he is without power locks without his remote and u have to open the door everytime u get out of the car hes takeing it into the dealer in a few weeks after he fittles with it some more. Anyone ever here of anything like this before?

user posted image

Archived