CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

onboard diagnostic

franey

HOW do you access the diagnostic in a 2000 DEVILLE, it is a little different than my 96 SEVILLE, . Also , if anyone out their with a 2000 DEVILLE , WOULD you please look under your hood, and just to the right of the brake master cylinder their is a wire which has the wire loom cover over it which comes up from bottom of the fire wall and is attached by a wire hanger to the firewall, it is a two wire loom with a connector on the end , WHERE DOES IT GO , mine is disconnected and i do not have a clue where it went . It has a bout 22 inches of wire from where it connect to fire wall. EVERYTHING within site distance has a plug already in it. THANKS FOR THE HELP

IF 2000 was the year the Deville got the 3 switches to the right of the DIC, this will work for your OBD codes.

98 - 04 Code Retrieval.txt

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

And that loose wire harness 'could be' intended for the float switch in the master cylinder. The connector will be on the LH (outboard) side of the master cylinder.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The wire could also be for an option that is not installed on your deville. I think to get into diagnostics you hit the passenger side warmer button and off.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived