CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CODE TRANSLATION

jer

Can someone please translate the following codes from my '98 DeVille?

PCM P0603

ACM B1348

My Low Refrigerant-A/C Off warning came up on the information center; the dealer serviced the A/C system, kept the car overnight and I picked it up last night. This afternoon, the message appeared again. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Jer

PCM P0603 is PCM memory reset (did you recently change the battery?). Perhaps the dealership disconnected the battery during the A/C recharge. If the system is reporting the refrigerant is low, there's really only two causes (that I can think of). 1) it really is low...meaning there's a leak in the system, or 2) the sensor is bad. Either way, I'd take it back to the dealership. They can perform a leak test on it. Why was the car in for service in the first place? Did you get a low refrigerant warning to prompt the dealer A/C service in the first place? They may not have leak-tested it and just filled it up, only to have the refrigerant leak back out.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had it in for servicing since the message appeared. I told the dealer the first time that the message appeared Low Refrigerant and they called to tell me the Cooling System was fine. ;) The second time they charged me $89. to service the A/C system, kept the car overnight and then the message reappeared with 18 hours of picking up the car.

The second time they charged me $89. to service the A/C system, kept the car overnight and then the message reappeared with 18 hours of picking up the car.

That tells me there's a leak in the system and more refrigerant is just going to leak back out. I'd have them to a leak test and fix what the problem is -- or I think anything else you put in there is just going to leak back out.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived