CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Clifford G5 over 93 STS factory alarm

Rob_M

I want to put a Clifford G5 Concept 550 over my 93 STS factory alarm. Any recommendations or tips so that I dont run into issues with the 2 alarms quarreling? Anyone else got a Clifford installed over there factory alarm here?

Nothing like an unattended car sitting outsid your window screaming "I'VE BEEN TAMPERED WITH!!! I'VE BEEN TAMPERED WITH" STAY AWAY!!!. Over and over, all day long. All because the motion sensors are set too tight and the wind was blowing a little bit! :angry:

Since it was in an unincorporated area, the cops said "Theres nothing that we can do"! :ph34r:

For a few seconds there I visulized a .44 Magnum thru the battery! ;)

Boy, was that ever annoying! :blink:

Britt

Sounds like it wasn't programmed well or it was a cheap piece of crap. I think the technology's getting better these days on the new ones. I would make sure that its not too sensitive!!! Plus, its better than my rims and my stereo missing. The factory alarm is only good if you try to start it without a key or open the door without a key. No bump sensor, glass sensor, no way to add on....

Ok, they say to disable to factory alarm, all you need to do is to unlock the door with a key. So last night, I armed it with the factory remote, then unlocked it with the key. When I look at the dash, the "SECURITY" light still flashes. What does this mean?

Archived