CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

engine ticking once more.... HElP

lowsixfo64

on my 00 deville with 58k (onrthstar), as once noted before, after a few minutes of cold start up i here a raspy chain like noise. not too loud though. A man told me it could be relays or some type of electrical thing. When the car is reved it does it faster, and also when put in drive or reverse. A dealer told me it may be a tranny bearing. in this case dont even bother with it unless it gets very bad. The sound is coming from the right side of the engine compartment in the back. performance not affected. Any feed back at all would be helpful.

on my 00 deville with 58k (onrthstar), as once noted before, after a few minutes of cold start up i here a raspy chain like noise. not too loud though. A man told me it could be relays or some type of electrical thing. When the car is reved it does it faster, and also when put in drive or reverse. A dealer told me it may be a tranny bearing. in this case dont even bother with it unless it gets very bad. The sound is coming from the right side of the engine compartment in the back. performance not affected. Any feed back at all would be helpful.

It's gonna blow!! Fill the engine with 20w-50 oil and drive to a Lexus dealer and trade it!!!! I'm a jerk let me stop. :P

First off check all the fluid levels and make sure it's topped off. Northstars burn oil.... like all other high performance engines ;) . Make sure it's topped off. You mentioned it's cold outside ? Does the sound go away when it gets warmer ? That is normal, Just do a couple of wide open throttles (WOT) to clear out the carbon, although that never worked for me. You'll see black smoke come from the tail pipe. I had a 98 STS and the new owner who bought it from a dealership actually called me and thought something was wrong with the car. I told him to wait till summer and you won't here the noise at all :lol:

post-3-1114095771_thumb.jpg

Archived