CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Steering wheel lights

djazzmo

The four lights on my steering wheel have all gone out. Is this a DIY job or do I need professional help? How do you get to them?

BTW I have a tail light out as well and I can't figure out how to get to it. It's a 2 min job on every car I have seen until I got to this. It appears you have to take out the entire trunk lid liner.

Not too sure on the sterring wheel lights but I have changed tail lights. Remove the plastic liner on the back of the trunk. Just unwind the hook anchors. There are two or three little nuts on the back of the light assembly. Undo those and the whole light assembley pops out. Change the bulb and put it back together. 10 min job.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Oops. Just relized your talking about the ones in the trunk lid. Ya. You gotta remove the liner. Just unwind the anchors and pop a few of the plastic rivits to give you enough room to access the back of the tail lights. Change the bulb and put back together. 10 min job.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

You do have to change the entire switch but the good news is that they are not very expensive. They run roughly around $40-$50. They are also not very hard to change. You just have to "unhook" the SIR module in the steering wheel by rotating the clips in the back. Once the module is loosened, you can unscrew the switches and install the new ones.

Max

Archived