CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Alloy Wheel Paint?

Hi There. As you can see I am a newbee! I own a 1994 Cadillac Seville STS with alloy wheels. My center caps have paint chiped and worn away, so I was wondering what color paint did Cadillac use on the alloy wheels? I also have some curb damage that left ugly marks on my front right wheel. I am looking for a quick touch up paint number or something before I buy my new wheels this up comeing summer. I dont really want do invest in new center caps either because it would be a waste of money before I buy the new wheels and caps. If anyone can help me put it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

PS: I just bought my car the past weekend and I freekin the power and the great ride. Cadillacs Rock!

Since the centers are already chipped a bit and all and it does not seem like you will be trying to sell them...

I have used a spray can of Dupli-Color "Wheel Paint" where she let her Neon "drive itself for a bit" while going fer the coffe. It is a polyurethane and can be clear-coated for more protection. There are various finishes available.

Preparation is the key - as posted recently elsewhere.

Regarding painting grilles etc, I have used a special primer for flex bumpers and non-metallic lower semi-flex trim for touch-ups. The bond is greatly improved with the Plasti-cote " flexible bumper and trim adhesion promoter."

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Silver: Plasti-Kote No. 5330 for Honda. It's very close...not perfect. It's ever so slightly darker with not quiet the same amount of metallic. It's a decent fix until you the wheels are replaced. I haven’t come across anything better.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I used the Ultra Silver spray touch up paint, and it worked to my satisfation. It was a little darker than the rest of the wheel but I would recomend it also to anyone who is doing any kind of touch up work with there stock wheels. You can only notice a slight differance in direct sunlight but other than that it was great. Oh, And it will withstand the pressure from a power washer.

PS: I just got home from a 2500 mile trip with the Cadillac and no problems there or back!

Archived