CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Higest Amp Alternator

96DeVille

Well, the subs I have are Earthquake 1500W max, 3 ohm. I will be powering 2 of them. I don't think that 1 ohm subwoofers are available, but that is what the amp puts out at. In terms of hooking up an auxillary battery with an isolator, I have thought about it but it is not financially feasible for me right now. I got some advice from a few sound shops and they told me that a high amp alternator along with a high cranking amp battery should be enough to protect my car.

I was looking at the Odyssey batteries and they put out about 1200 CCA, which is awesome!! My car has the side posts on the battery which are female, and I am hoping that they have something that will fit my tray and adapt to the current terminals. <_<

Well, the subs I have are Earthquake 1500W max, 3 ohm. I will be powering 2 of them. I don't think that 1 ohm subwoofers are available, but that is what the amp puts out at. In terms of hooking up an auxillary battery with an isolator, I have thought about it but it is not financially feasible for me right now. I got some advice from a few sound shops and they told me that a high amp alternator along with a high cranking amp battery should be enough to protect my car.

Don't count on it, if the power level continually drops below 12 volts, you won't charge the battery,...I suspect you'll need an additional battery.

Individual subwoofers with Dual 2 ohm voice-coil are readily available - you wire these with the VC's in parallel of course for a single subwoofer of 1 ohm net impedance. Better subwoofers typically have dual vs single voice coils.

example - http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w3v2.html - as you will see the better sub manufacturers usually offer a selection of various impedance voice coils, so you can tailor your installation appropriately depending on how many subs you intend to run.

Here is a guide for wiring up various combinations of #'s of speakers with the results of the VC's connected in sewries or parallel.

Individual subwoofers with Dual 2 ohm voice-coil are readily available - you wire these with the VC's in parallel of course for a single subwoofer of 1 ohm net impedance. Better subwoofers typically have dual vs single voice coils.

Oh yeh, that too.

BTW: These are the best I ever owned. Defiantly getting another set when the time comes. http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/website/products/IDMAX.htm

l

Archived