CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HVAC Problems

CaddyMel

Hi, Guys! I am a newbie to the site. I have just recently purchased a 1990 Seville, in good condition. I am having problems getting the a/c to blow through the vents. It blows through the defrost and floor vents but not the a/c vents. How do I fix this? Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks, CaddyMel :(

Sounds like a vacuum line disconnected or broken somewhere. The programmer is located behind the glove box I believe and it controlls the air delivery doors. First make sure you have vacuum to it. If so, then follow the lines and make sure they are all connected at the other end. If no vacuum is found TO the programmer, then you'll have to look under the hood for the supply line and trace it backwards.

There is a vacuum resvoir(a 3"x3"x4" black box) on the firewall. This is where the interior HVAC controls get their vacuum source. In my case, the 1st time 1 of the nipples on the box broke off, 2nd time the vacuum line broke off.

I would first check that before digging around under the dash...that would be my next step. I recall repairing the nipple on the box with the threaded metal tip of a ball-point pen. Drilled a hole and threaded the tip into the box.

Archived