CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 STS Tranny Leak BAD

Hello all, I need some help please. We have a 1994 STS which has about 178000 miles. Today when we went to go for a sunday drive, I looked back in the driveway as I put it into drive and noticed a 1 inch wide stream of tranny fluid following us out into the street.

GREAT!!!

Anyway, my wife found a small machine screw/bolt (only about a 1/4 inch long) in the puddle. I'm a Ford guy, and I have little knowledge about automatics, so I am completely lost. I look at this motor/tranny and think "what the hell is this? and what the hell is that?". Any assistance would be awesome. The fluid is dripping from the "engine to transaxle bracket" (as it's called in my chiltons manual). GM surely didn't make this thing so you can work on them. Thanks in advance.

Shane and Julia

Hi Shane,

I recently had a tranny fluid cooling line come off and leave a nice trail of fluid on the road behind me. At first It was really difficult to locate where the leak was coming from because it splashed all over..... and I mean ALL over. Turned out to be a cooling line between the driver's side headlight and radiator and down low so i could barely see it. Has two tiny screws holding it on. Just food for thought.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived