CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

anyone know what a AC1340 Code is on a 1996 SLS

SLS1996

Air Mix Door One Movement Fault

Thanks I had a feeling the A and B code were the same.

Any hints on what to look for to fix this problem ?

Does it have to do with a servo that controls the mix of outside and climate controlled air ?

Well as I understand it, the BCM (Body Control Module) commands the air mix door to a certain position based on the requested tempurature. It also gets feed back as to the position of that door and if it commands 50% open and only reads 10% open, it will set a DTC. Yeah, I would start looking at the servo and or linkage. Are you having any problems with temps? Maybe it just hung up once. You could always clear it and see if it returns.

Well I decided to take it out for a blast and put the climate control through it's paces, I drove along the coast for about twenty miles switching between heat and A/C every couple miles "my fiance thinking I'm nuts the whole time" . We stop and grab a quick bite to eat and check the NCAA hoops scores. I reset the codes once again before we head back. On the way back we take the freeway and I put the climate control through it's paces once again get home and no trouble codes. I hoping it was just a stiff linkage of cable. Tomorrow I'll lube what I can with some white lithium grease spray.

God I love driving this car.

Archived