CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I Love These Cars!

rbrantlee

In light of the recent ragging on cadillacs by a certain unknown(or fictitious?) person, I thought I would share this. My first cadillac was a 1990 Deville. I've had it for about 5 years. Needed two water pumps, several motor mounts, and a halfshaft, but otherwise the engine has NEVER been touched, with 206,000 miles and still runs great.

Then my friend bought a 1999 SLS and I was hooked. Last October I found a 1998 STS with only 30,000 miles at a dealership in St. Marys, GA that was listed on a Daytona dealers auction for $10,900. I was skeptical but everthing checked out except for some electrical problems. I bought the car through another friend who has a dealers license. I LOVE THIS CAR! I am a teacher who works 30 miles away from my home and was getting tired of the daily commute. Now I can't wait to get up and drive to work or leave work to go home! It's nothing less than a luxurious racecar. It drives and rides like a dream and screams like a racecar. Sure, I had to invest some money but I practically have a brand new car.

See below. Isn't she beautiful? Dark caribe metallic with shale interior, like new. She's never been on a dirt road. You could eat off of the engine block. No leaks anywhere. One quart of oil every 2-3000 miles. No maintenance records so I had to assume the coolant was original. Drained and replaced with Dexcool and tabs.

$11,663 with sales tax;Battery-$120;Alternator-$400;labor-$200;Battery thermistor-$40;Starter solenoid-$60;labor-$180;Wire set-$100;Driver door module-$150-Grand total=$12,933 with only 34,500 miles. So I have invested what KBB says is the private party value and have a like new car. My uncle says he will buy it whenever I want to sell it and he hasn't even driven it.

I'm now looking for a 2000 STS because I want TWO of them! Medication for the daily commute!

post-3-1110488795_thumb.jpg

I feel the same way! I can feel your excitement. I love driving! That is a really beautiful car, I love that color! When I heard your story it reinforces the way I feel.

Lots of people (like my wife) can't understand my excitement and enthusiasm about this car. To me the car does what I think its an extension of my consciousness. Last week, I was driving home on a winding parkway 60 to 65 and my mind drifted deeply into my work. All of a sudden it dawned on me that I had not consciously driven the car for the last 15 or so miles, whoa! Amazing! :lol:

Mike-I do the same thing-drive for miles and realize I'm there without even thinking about it. Oh, I forgot to mention the only thing I don't like about the Northstar-that dreaded and burdensome chore- the WOT. What a drag! Robert.

Mike-I do the same thing-drive for miles and realize I'm there without even thinking about it.  Oh, I forgot to mention the only thing I don't like about the Norsthstar-that dreaded and burdensome chore- the WOT.  What a drag!  Robert.

I know don't you hate having to do that WOT! :lol: I especially hate the aggressive growl it gives off! :lol: This will make Jason nervous, but I usually do my WOT when someone is tailgating me so they can get a taste of NS carbon through their vents! :lol: Its not dangerous because nary a vehicle can stay with me......as I engage Warp 8

I know what u mean! I love these cars I would never buy anything else! I am only 16 and I was planning on gettin a 5 litre mustang for my first car but I am so glad I decided to get one of these! My family loves caddys to my uncle currently owns a 01 sts, 99 sts, 97 eldorodo and is looking for a late 70's eldorodo to restore! But I have said this to people before once u go cadillac u never go back! I love these cars!!!!!!! :D

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

There is a reason that you often hear "... is the Cadillac of ..."

In reverential tones, when applying the highest compliments to whatever

- much to the chagrin of other wanna-be's. ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived