CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Who Turned Out The Lights ????

Matt

I just went out to put my 93 Seville in side ware it's much warmer then the 17deg F. out side right now. When I turned on the headlights I found that my Spedo and Tach lights are off. The rest of the dash board is lit up normally. I just went over my book on the car ware I'm supprised to see three seperate fuse block outlines. One is for engine compartment, another for Maxi fuse blocks and one more for Trunk block. There are two listing for instrument Panel cluster fuses in the trunk listing and one listing in the engine compartment block listing. Normally if there was only one fuse for this cluster and most of the light were on I would think the bulbs went out. I am wishing that since there is more then one fuse listed that maybe one went bad that is causing only spedo and tach light to be out. Is there any one who can shed some light on this dark problem. I have not a clue ware to start if I have to figure out how to get at the bulbs if that is the problem. How in the world would you take the cluster apart. I will need to do it my self if that is the problem. Thanks. Matt

I was very luckey with this problem. I am so used to something like this being the bulbs I thought the worst. The first fuse block I checked was in the trunk and that is ware I found the blown fuse. I replaced it and tested the speed-O and tach lights and they were back on. I just wonder why the fuse poped in the first place. Only time will tell now if there is a problem and the fuse blows again.

I was very luckey with this problem. I am so used to something like this being the bulbs I thought the worst. The first fuse block I checked was in the trunk and that is ware I found the blown fuse. I replaced it and tested the speed-O and tach lights and they were back on. I just wonder why the fuse poped in the first place. Only time will tell now if there is a problem and the fuse blows again.

Assuming those fuses have never been changed since 1993, it's probably just age.

When I bought my 1992 Seville, the first thing I did was change all the fuses and install new ones for the fuses in the trunk and well as the fuses located under the hood. I was surprised by the amount of corrosion I found on some of the terminals for the fuses.

So far, all is well in the fuse department. :lol:

Edit: Spelling.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I have to admit that is a very good idea. Most likely all the fuses are close to original. I will put that on my to do list. These fuses did look a bit old as I went over them. Also I did check first that my controls were set to turn on the entire cluster before I went through any trouble. THANKS to all for your input.. Matt

Archived