CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

kdaddy

After 61 votes by noon EST on 02/18/04 I have noticed that the majority of the members are under 30. I'm not saying this is a scientific poll but it is interesting to see. (I myself fall into this age group :D ). I have been impressed with the direction Cadillac has taken over the past 10 or so years. When the 92 sevilles and eldos came out I really began to admire the vehicles. Also, in 94 when the new Devilles came out I was quite impressed. However, In 2000 through present I have been more than impressed with Cadillacs new direction. I just hope that Caddy does the right thing with the future Deville and keeps it large and conservative enough that it does not alienate its core market.

My guess would be that most of the "under 30's" buy their Caddy's "pre-owned" to get the price where it is manageable. Certainly this is a factor in whether or not Caddy is moving in the right direction. I think all the styling and power is great and will be appreciated by people of any age; but I think Caddy will have a lot of unhappy new-car buying "oldsters" the first time they take one of the RWD cars out on an icy pavement.

With regard to the previous post, I think we would all be surprised as to how many "oldsters" are on line. Many are finding it a new form of recreation and the less than can do physically, the more they enjoy their cyber connections.

Since about 12/1 I have helped 4 people buy new computers. The youngest is 58 and the oldest is 71. Of course, I'm the kid of the bunch and have to show them how to do it. I'm 75. So far, I'm not physically limited at all; but I still enjoy my computer and have since BW (before Windows). DOS was a lot tougher and there were things (like photos for instance) that you just couldn't do with it but it was really challenging.

P. S. I've owned two Caddy's - a '93 STS and my current 2000 STS. I bought both of mine "pre-owned" too.

Well as of today 10:00 AM PST on 2-18-04 it looks like the majority, 72% are over 30, including me. B)

(I’ve been using computers for twenty years and the Internet since it's inception.)

I always appreciated the older Cadillacs, didn't like the 80's, but I felt the 93 and later STS Cadillacs really showed a sharply designed, clean car with excellent power to weight ratio.

I don't care for the newest Cadillacs they look "squeezed". The CTS-V has lots of power, with a Corvette engine, but I prefer a car that looks wider than it is high.

I am hoping Cadillac will go back to a wider lower look, stay with the Northstar engine, and make it easier to remove the engine from the car for those eventual major repairs.

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

My guess would be that most of the "under 30's" buy their Caddy's "pre-owned" to get the price where it is manageable

No question! Never in my wildest dreams could I have afforded the Caddy if it had been new when I got it. However, when people ask me at my age (28) why I would want a Caddy, I say who wouldn't want a car with 300HP and all of the luxury appointments that go with it for the same price your Chevy, Ford, or anything else was! ;)

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

I hope Cadillac can continue to pick up the trend from Olds which had a younger demographic than Cadillac and Buick and had the best educated customer base of the Generals divisions with decent incomes.

Aren't these the base customers for cars like the CTS-V?

I however will wait and see what the price is as good used ones eventually (hopefully) hit the market.

In all liklihood, the CTSV will not be a big production car and it will be pretty difficult to find a used, er, that is "pre-owned" one.

Well, I fall in the upper age group, but I have been using computers for 20 years. I would not be able to function on my job if I didn't have a computer or the internet. This is my third Cadillac. The 1st was a 79 Deville, the second a 89 Eldorado, and my favorite one, my 95SLS. I average about 140 trips to the Drag strip each year. The strip opens up at the end of February and I will be back racing for the money in Bracket racing. I have recently changed the engine & tranny to an STS setup. I reduced my ET by .5 in the 1/8 mile and increased 5 MPH. I haven't taken the new setup to the 1/4 yet. I can't wait to see the results when the strip opens up. I will keep you posted.

Archived