CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 eldorado

bob5013

I have a 95 Eldorado, love the car but, since I had it to the dealer for a recall on the fuel rail I get a "service engine soon" light a few seconds after it shifts into over drive. I brought it back to find out what the story was and, with there hand held interface unit said it was a TCC fault (torque converter control). They claimed they had nothing to do with it, and don't worry about it. They will never see my car there again. I have been reading many of the topics about getting fault codes, is there a way to get them for my 95 Eldorado?

Also about 6 monhs ago I had the shifting solinoids changed and the transmition serviced (filters, fluid etc) at an AMMCO transmition service center. I guess my question is there anything that could of happened during the fuel rail service that could affect my transmittion? It runs and shifts fine and I'm still using it daily. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Find out what the problem is by entering the diagnostic mode.

To enter diagnostic mode:

1. Turn ignition "ON."

2. Depress the "OFF" and "WARMER" buttons on the Climate Control Center (CCC) simultaneously and hold until the segment check appears on the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC).

Depressing the "OFF" button on the CCC will stop the system selection process and return the display to the beginning of the trouble code sequence. You can do this at the end of the process. When it starts asking questions just depress the "OFF" button as all you want to see is at this time is codes.

The following link will tell you what the codes mean:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

The fuel rail change should not have caused any trans problems. Many people, inluding myself have had misfire problems right after the fuel rail replacement and the problem was almost always plug wires.

Please tell us that you only had your trans fluid changed and not flushed. Do a search for torque converter clutch in the archives. There is a simple test you can do using the brake pedal while driving. It could be just a brake pedal switch. If the converter infact is not locking up all it means is that the engine will run 100-200 higher RPM in OD. You may also see a very slight drop in MPG.

Archived