CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I cant take it anymore!

Cadillac STS

I got the battery checked its good, i had the starter tested 3 times and its good, yet my car still dies on me as if there is no power getting to the starter but everything else works! im too lazy to fiddle with crap right now but jump starting it seems to solve the problem and sumtimes if you remove the cables and starter it'll all wrok fine again....im guessing it might be the positive battery cables that are rubbish?

For what it's worth.

My starter would intermittently not work.

Checked all cables and found nothing.

I replaced the starter, and it's been working great since, that was six years ago.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

If you haven’t already done so, you should check under the positive cable removable plastic covering for corrosion. I’m assuming that your cable is no different than mine. Maybe the cable has been damaged, which is interfering with the battery getting a proper charge. Also, I would check the screw for same.

Dealer wanted $100 or so. Try GMpartsdirect.com. They should be less

I dropped the car off at an independent shop and we got talking about the positive wires and that if it didn’t spread (acid) there is a possibility that he can just cut the corroded wire and go from there using the “extra wiring”.

Archived