CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Interior Lights Issue

jimkujo

After I finished washing and vacuuming my interior today I noticed that the interior lights(header lights and footer lights) won't shut off(after 45 minutes). I am assuming my cleaning had something to do with it? I thought maybe I banged one of the header lights with the vacuum and that depressing the right one would turn them all off but to no avail. It is acting like it thinks that the doors are opened but their not. I have taken the 2 fuses out(Read LP, Body 1) for those particular areas and put them back in and still a problem. Any ideas, this is driving me nuts. I have since taken the fuses out till I find out any thing any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think "bill k" may be on the right track.

My mother has accidentally turned on the interior lights twice (turned the light knob past the detent, to force the interior lights on).

Both times when it happened she didn't notice, as she was in a lighted garage. As expected in ran the battery down.

Another time I have found an individual interior light switched on in my car, after someone got out.Some how they had pressed the light, when getting out of the car.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I tried to shut off all the lights manually including the headlight pull/ interior turn light and it still doesnt make a difference. It seems that all the lights that stay on are ones that should stay on when the doors are opened/ or is this activated by the handle? From researching these boards i am beginning to think it may be one of the Door Jamb Switches. Anyone knopw how to diagnose this problem?

Now that I think about it something odd did happen while I was cleaning the interior. The car was completely unlocked and I opened the rear passenger door from the outside and the car alarm went off. I then used my keyless remote to lock/unlock the car for the alarm to shut off. Like I say it seems to act as if the doors are open. The lights do not go off after a certain time period. Could this be another clue to my dilemma. Any help appreciated

Archived