CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RSS: SO62

STS Scott

The DIC had been displaying the dreaded "Service Ride Control" message lately. I ran the Diagnostics, which brang about SO62 as a Current problem.

The Caddyinfo FAQ section indicated...

S062 ............................................... Left Rear Position Sensor Fault

Is this a replacable or corroded connection, or am I in for the full monte, as in new struts?

The car has over 180 000 miles on it, so I suppose the shocks have exceeded their expectations, should they need replacing.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I'd say it may be past time for new struts - especially if they've never been replaced. Mine only lasted about 89,000 miles before I started getting that dreaded message.

Check the position sensor connector, the position sensors are utilized by the ELC system and they provide voltage to the RSS control module the amount of which is dictated by the verticle height of the rear of the vehicle. Here is a photo, check the connector for corrosion or a disconnect..

It may look a little different on a 95 but its related to the Electronic Level Control (ELC)

post-3-1106262991.jpg

Hey All,

I've been getting codes SO61 & SO62 right front position fault and left rear position fault for the last six months. My shocks and struts still seem firm. It does not feel like i need new struts, but i do seem to have some over steer lately, especially when i'm on the parkway. Could the codes cause the over steer or can the fact that the previous owner changed the tires from Z rated or H rated. All the tires are wearing evenly

1994 STS

Lets Clarify....

Position sensor faults are NOT strut faults.

If a position sensor fails, this DOES NOT mean you need new struts, it means you need a new position sensor.

The position sensors are used as input to the RSS computer, this input data is used to control the struts.

If a position sensor fails, then the RSS computer will select the FIRM setting on the struts. If you drive with a bad position sensor, your low speed driving will be harsh as the struts never switch to soft for slow speed driving.

Hope this sheds a little light on the position sensors.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Hi, Im getting the same service ride control message on my 95 eldo etc but the ride seems just fine. Is there any way to just disable the message without costly reparis?

thanks.

STS Scott:

Don't rush to change the sensor. Yes, it's not struts fault, it's sensor related, but you can get that code because of open curcuit or some other problem with wiring. I guess you lucky to have it current, so you can use the trouble tree to hunt it down. I have that message more than 4 years, but it's intermittent, but it's happened every time I take the car. And one other thing: I found there was a famous bug in a software for owners of 94 and 95. In your case the best thing is try to locate failt using the trouble tree from service manual.

Hmmm,

Thanks for the added insight.

I have not had much time as of yet to tackle the problem, but I will certainly consider all of this when the I do.

Thanks again, I'll post on teh issue again hen I make some progress.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I noted that I had the same service ride control message in my 95 etc. I did the on board diagnostics to see what code shows up and it is giving me no codes related to the suspension, does anybody have an idea what that means?

I noted that I had the same service ride control message in my 95 etc. I did the on board diagnostics to see what code shows up and it is giving me no codes related to the suspension, does anybody have an idea what that means?

Anyway, what codes you got ?

All tranny codes that im aware of and having serviced....but as far as the service message im lost.

Took car in to have a power steering hose fixed and mechanic cracked trans case -=\

Archived