CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OK I ain't no racer but....

Rickster

Like the title say's, I use the power to get out of trouble...not in. But I digress. Picked up my daughter from school this aft in the city and headed north to home base. It's about a 40 mile drive on the dreaded Squamish Hwy. The Hwy. goes from Vancouver to Whistler and is actually quite a beautifull drive. Lots of corners along the ocean with a speed limit of 50mph but can be eaisly driven at 70mph if you have the right car. Guess what. I have that car. As well as other people.

So.

There's quite a bit of traffic on the way home.....and at a passing lane...the Porche slips by, but there is stil 6 or 7 cars ahead. Most everyone is very polite on this highway because it does swalow about a dozen souls every year. May they rest in peace.

So.

I am behind the Porche and we come to a long passing lane, (Furrey Creek) and we slip by all the traffic.

Down into Brittania, (with me on his *smurf*) we must slow to 30mph, but after this long lost minning town opens up a passing lane close to two miles long up hill. The grade is around 6%. The STS is itching to open up. Current temp 29 degrees. This car does nothing but perform in these conditions. Many will attest to this.

Now I had no plans to race this fellow... but over the bridge and he gets the jump on me before I clue into what is going on.

I matt it. The daughter say's go for it. (She's gonna make a man proud one day). Beleive it or not, I am gaining on this bloke. I can smell nothing but fuel and carbon so I beleive he don't do this often. But I am gainig. I hit about 90mph in a very few seconds and decide this is fast enough. He as well did start to slow but I am sure he will think twice about pushing a STS.

God speed.

Rickster

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

It's obvious that you don't have to sell me--huh? You can take many cars off the line. At a red light, try your luck with the Mustang GT's, maybe not all of them but with many of them, the only one who'll be more surprized than you is the GT driver.

As a Mr. Mom, I raised my daughter, who will be 23 this month, and she played My Little Poney in the grease of cars that I worked on. What's going to happen is that you'll pass it on through your influence.

Instead of girly-girly, tin-can-muffler racing, she uses a different approach, a 00 T/A WS6. This is the only picture I have because it's too darn fast to get a better picture of it.

See what's going to happen if you give her other than girly-girly influence? What you'll end up with is a girl who will want to get a car that will as she said, "kick all the guys' asses."

post-3-1105683706.jpg

Archived