CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Another Muffler Question

Caddynut

I was reading up on the muffler responses on a previous message of flowmasters and other brands of mufflers. Is there a replacement I can use on my 92 Seville. I only have the one muffler with the dual exhaust pipes and tips that came on the last year of 4.9 liter in the Seville, not the dual mufflers.....makes it a little more complicated. I want a "throaty" sound...any suggestions???

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

I had the exact same muffler on my old '84 Cutlass. It set sideways in the car, and was originally a single inlet, single outlet design -- came in on the driver side, and exited to the tailpipe on the passenger side. I had a shop install an Edelbrock RPM-series crossflow muffler, like the F-body has (and like your Seville has), so it would have dual outlets, one on each side. Great results, with great sound and unbeatable stainless steel construction. It was a bit pricey for a muffler ($180), but you always get what you pay for.

I think you'll be looking at PN 5519 on this page:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mufflers_rpm.html

Check the dimensions of your stock muffler to be sure. The inlet/outlet on that 5519 is 2.50", but that should be no problem for an exhaust shop if yours are smaller.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived