CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Onstar Issues and codes

Good day all: I tried to activate my onstar yesterday but all i get is the systems prerecorded message that's built into the car. When I press the on-star button again 2nd time, it tells me to please wait connecting to onstar with several beeps and it never connect. I called onstar and they ran my vehicle information and indicated that I should be fine with the new digital service already installed and suggested that I take the vehicle to the dealer for a system check, which i'm not doing. I'm receiving the following codes

abs c1298 History

amp u1000 Current

ipm B0429 Current

no irc data

pcm u1040 History

My traction control light stays on unless I clear codes and not restart the car. I have a new ECM (computer) that needs programming and install which I plan on doing soon, which may eliminate everything but ipm B0429 (rear AC Actuator). "IRC data" is my radio, I have an aftermarket with all the correct adapters to retain onstar, steering wheel control etc. Any suggestions or advice?

The irc is the radio head unit. I suggest disconnecting the ground cable from the battery, waiting 20 seconds, then reattach. Sometimes the radio gets out of sync with the amp. This might clear both codes.

Thanks for the reply...Somebody sent me a TB concerning the codes clearing and staying in history with the blunt being a communication failure. The TB went through the trouble shooting methods and outcome which I did and feel in the category of a bad ECM. I have a new one in the garage that needs to be programmed and yes at the dealer. The good part about it, a flat rate of 127.00 they said 1 hour but maybe 30 minutes rounded up. I'll take it this week and have it flashed and install, then I'm done. :fireman:

• 2 weeks later...

The irc is the radio head unit. I suggest disconnecting the ground cable from the battery, waiting 20 seconds, then reattach. Sometimes the radio gets out of sync with the amp. This might clear both codes.

This weekend I pulled the after market radio and re-installed the stock radio and ran codes. No IRC code, no amp code, no communication codes as well. I did see the two purple wires that connected to a double pink wire from GMOS 6 and steering wheel control. I then tried my onstar with the same end result (No connection) Going to call Metra and will post. Just got off the phone with Metra and the GMOS 6 that's made for the deville after market radio only works with the Bose System.

Archived