CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Deeper exhaust note?

Cadillac STS

Hey,

i know, i know, I'm selling my car... But is there any other way to get a throatier exhaust note out of my 1994 STS other than actually buying a new exhaust system?

Something easy that anyone can do, or a really cheap mod?

Any ideas are welcomed

oh and i already have a K&N filter which really doesnt make a difference sound wise

Punch a hole in your mufflers! LOL.....Just kidding, couldn't resist.

By no means should you ruin a good exhaust system!

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Try removing the baffles under the air intake housing. I know that my 1994 STS with the K & N and no baffles sounds pretty nice. Also, make sure your cat and mufflers are old and loosing their insides a bit. With 228K on her, mine is just shy of straight exhuast.

Good luck,

Todd

2003 STS

1994 STS

Try removing the baffles under the air intake housing. I know that my 1994 STS with the K & N and no baffles sounds pretty nice. Also, make sure your cat and mufflers are old and loosing their insides a bit. With 228K on her, mine is just shy of straight exhuast.

Good luck,

Todd

2003 STS

1994 STS

baffle?

do you mean that huge plastic under the air box that restricted air? i already took that off when i instaled my KN fiter

When I bought my STS a year ago there where a "musty" sound...It was a 1x5 inch big piece missing...right behind the intace to the right muffler. It sounded like I was drivin a Corvette...

On my way home (the same day I bought it) I was passing a car and when I was beside him i WOT:ed it...He sounded the horn and put the high beams on just to make sure I was getting the message... :ph34r:

I´ve welded both the mufflers but the interior parts are heavily corroded to say the least...

Perhaps we could make an exchange of mufflers? <_>

When I bought my STS a year ago there where a "musty" sound...It was a 1x5 inch big piece missing...right behind the intace to the right muffler. It sounded like I was drivin a Corvette...

On my way home (the same day I bought it) I was passing a car and when I was beside him i WOT:ed it...He sounded the horn and put the high beams on just to make sure I was getting the message... :ph34r:

I´ve welded both the mufflers but the interior parts are heavily corroded to say the least...

Perhaps we could make an exchange of mufflers? <_<

I'll have to pass on that offer of yours :lol:

I just thought there was a simple way to get a better sounding exhaust note...eh :unsure: i dont mind the whole whisper quite muscle car..lol

actaully when my engine is cold its actually louder ahahaha

Archived