CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

iformation about rubber parts

Psycho

Hi

i have a problem with a rubber part of my 95 STS.

There is a kind of rubber stripe on the drivers door (see picture with arrow).

Rubberpart

I tried to order this part at my dealer (i live in germany), but he ordered the wrong part

two times.

Can you tell me what part i have to order, or do you have the original gm-number ??

I ordered part #25657984 (see picture Exterior Trim #2), but i was only the black metal part, without the rubber stripe.

GM-Part-List 1

Can anyone please help me ???

regards Psycho :o

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

It looks as if the run chanell is out, (Glass and parts #3) and your arrows point at the molding. Do you need the run chanell--the part that the glass goes into--or do you need the that little tiny stirp of rubber that goes on the edge of the Exterior Trim # 2?

If you need that little rubber strip that goes on the edge of the molding, it should come installed on the part. If it doesn't come on the part, it may be obsolete. You see, they buy/contract however many rolls of the stuff, and when it's gone, it's gone. I think that federal law only requires them to manafacture replacment parts for 7 years after the end of the line.

Another thing is that you're using a collision manual, rathet than an official GM parts book. Although crash books are good sources for OEM numbers, crash books designed to calculate repair costs, rather than be a source in which to order parts.

After a couple of stabs, GM ought to be able to tell you whether or not the part is obsolite. If so and you're a fairly skilled factricator, you can make a simulated strip with black silicone.

Hi

it looks like i need both.....

Thanks for the information!

But where do i get this rubber stripe ??

Today i contacted Cadillac Europe and hope to get some helpfull answers.

regards Psycho :D

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

Archived