CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 DeVille Wheel Bearings

Hello Friends!

My 2002 base model DeVille is going to need front left wheel bearing replaced in the near future. Although not immediate attention is needed I don't like waiting around for trouble.

Would you please share with me the exact parts I will need and maybe a good place to purchase them?

Also, what brand would you suggest and do you feel it would be wise to do both left and right at the same time.

I figure if one side is beginning to show wear perhaps the other side is soon to do the same.

Many thanks and I look forward to the great advice from the folks on this awesome site.

You need a hub & bearing assembly. Rockauto http://www.rockauto.com has good prices and fast shipping.

I replaced the RF on my '92 at about 75K. Traded the car at 125K with the OEM LF still on the car. The other one may go next month or it may never go. I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You need a hub & bearing assembly. Rockauto http://www.rockauto.com has good prices and fast shipping.

I replaced the RF on my '92 at about 75K. Traded the car at 125K with the OEM LF still on the car. The other one may go next month or it may never go. I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thank you for your response.I have purchased a number of times from Rock Auto and have always been satisfied.

Would you be able to suggest one brand over another?

I agree with "if ain't broke don't fix it" but with 95K on my baby I figure the other side is probably thinking about getting in on the fun!

Thanks again, I really appreciate the folks on this site.

If you just feel like doing some extra work then by all means replace the other one. 95,000 is really not a big deal to a wheel bearing. Some just go bad and some just last forever. My son and I changed his RF twice in 175,000 miles and never touched another one on that car. It hasn't been wrecked, and drives true and I see no reason for the one to have quit, but the point is the others are fine after all this time.

If you just feel like doing some extra work then by all means replace the other one. 95,000 is really not a big deal to a wheel bearing. Some just go bad and some just last forever. My son and I changed his RF twice in 175,000 miles and never touched another one on that car. It hasn't been wrecked, and drives true and I see no reason for the one to have quit, but the point is the others are fine after all this time.

Thank you for taking time to give me a shout. I think you and another member are right. I'm going to do the one soon and let things alone! I got a brand new AC Delco for $128 and my guy is $50 to put it in. Cadillac of course was well over $400 and a private shop was $385 before taxes and so forth. I did okay I think.

I checked Rock Auto and they only carried one that was not right for my vehicle. The one I found for the $128 was from a parts company through Amazon.com.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the info.

Archived