CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 cadillac deville wont start

I have a problem. My 98 deville stop starting last week. I bought a new battery cause I took it to a shop and the said that was the problem. I replaced the batt and the car started just fine. Two days later my deville wouldn't start again. I turn key and dont hear a sound. My batt voltage dropped gradually and is now around 9 volts. This is a new battery so I am confused. I have pulled a bunch of fault codes.... B0856, b1147,b1148,b1152,b1161,b1327,b1552,b1983, and c1233(this code reads current). Can someone help me out with this please.

I can tell you that just because the battery is new doesn't mean it is good. I put 3 new everstart batteries a car before I got one to stay charged 3 days in a row. They warrantied them of course but I got tired of trying to go somewhere to find the battery dead. Not only that then they want to keep the battery and charge it to make sure it is bad, so plan on giving another hour away waiting.

No one knows what those codes mean unless you post the definitions along with them, but I can tell you that they are all body codes except the current one, which is a chassis code. I doubt any of them would cause a no start.

Archived