CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi Folks!

I'm looking to purchase a chrome mesh grill for my 2002 DeVille and was hoping some of you who have done the same might put me on to a few good places to buy from.

Anybody familiar with "CarID"? Seems like they have some nice stuff but like always you can't really see or feel it online.

To be honest I'm not looking to spend E&G prices but I don't want to be foolish and buy junk.

Most of what I see is ABS plastic and coated to look like chrome. Would also be interested in some other items such as door handles, pillars and side molding.

Anyway, I've grown to depend on you folks so if you have a moment or two to kill I would welcome your direction.

As always,many thanks!!

I had the door handles, search for them on ebay you can get them as low as 35$ shipped for a full set of 4 I believe. They are the same handles used on trailblazers and many different GM models. They just stick on, they are plastic but look good and lasted me years no problems.

The pillar trims try to get stainless if you can, the plastic ones scratch easily and are thin and if not stuck on flat they have a warped chrome look.

E&G mesh grille will be metal, ebay has cheap made ones for alot less that are plastic. The plastic ones Im sure are decent. I would paint the bottom smiley face part to match your car though. I can also get E&G grilles for cheaper than ebay, but they are still expensive.

If you are REAL cheap, then you can modify your grille, cut out the grille part and tie in some metal aluminum mesh behind the grill opening. You can buy it at home depot/menards for cheap, also on ebay for maybe $20. I had a special edition grille that I put the mesh behind it.

1000085z.jpg

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived