CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 Cadillac Seville sts

Jason15036

Recently I was having code p041 camshaft sensor problem. This was causing the car to run bad. I replaced the sensor and the code is gone but i still geta bad miss on higher rpm acceleration. THis is like 3500rpm. THis is the only code I am getting. Any help would be appreciated.

What is your mileage?

Have you checked the spark plugs yet?

One could be fouled or have a platinum tip missing, causing an extra wide gap that would be prone to miss-fire.

Are all of the spark boots pushed in properly?

Pull each one out. Using a flashlight look in the tubes for any moisture, if found wipe out with a paper towel and long thin screwdriver. Posh boot back on, it should snap on to the spark end.

Pull the spark wire boots off of the coils. Look for corrosion on the coil terminal and in the spark plug boot, clean as required.

Has you fuel filter been replaced recently? It may be due.

Sometimes you get water in the gas. One way to remove it is to pump it out.

Do this after the car has not been distrubed for at least a couple of hours, overnight is best.

Get a one gallon plastic jug (no you are not going to fill it). Remove the fuel filter, Position the fuel line from the tank in the plastic jug. Have someone turn on the key to energize to fuel pump. Allow several cups to be pumped out.

As water is heaver than gas it gets pumped out first. Replace the fuel filter.

Do not leave the gas in the plastic jug, dispose of gas in a sensible manner.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Do not leave the gas in the plastic jug, dispose of gas in a sensible manner.

-George

like to start a bond fire! :P j/k dont do that.

Start a bond fire?

As I said dispose of sensibly.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived