CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Driver's window

sdgraham

My drivers window will not go up. A few days ago on the driver's side window switch I could roll down the front passenger window and the driver's side rear passenger window, but I could roll them up. Now nothing works on the entire driver's side door panel. Not even the door locks. But the other windows still work.

My drivers window will not go up. A few days ago on the driver's side window switch I could roll down the front passenger window and the driver's side rear passenger window, but I could roll them up. Now nothing works on the entire driver's side door panel. Not even the door locks. But the other windows still work.

id look in the door jam area for broken wire(s), grounds especially. they go through a rubber boot, but the weather does get to them sometimes.

Here's a partial wiring drawing of your driver's door:

1999_Seville_Door_Wiring.gif

. . . and attached is a description of how your power window system works. It's probably a bit more complicated than most folk expect. Here's hoping you find a loose plug or something equally easy to fix.

Regards,

Warren

1999_Seville_Window_Description.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived