CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

heated seats

joeb

the drivers seat has no heat but the pass. side works fine. both the seat back and bun area are cold. i can hear a click under the pass. seat when i turn on the switch. but the driver side is quiet. i checked the fuses in the trunk and i even switched the relays under the seat as a test. still no click. i am thinking of switching the console switches as an experiment. i cannot figure out how to access the switch area. how do you get in there? seems pretty tight. also, when the seat heat does go out, would both areas fail together or just one?

I don't know how to fix your problem but am watching your fix. I live 25 miles from the Minnesota border and the heated seats have become a necessity here, not just a luxury. My wife never turns them off from September until May!

Good Luck~

If you hear a click about every 30 seconds or so from under the dash it's the fuse resetting itself because either the wires are shorted or the heating element is bad.. most likely the element is bad and you can get another one, take apart the seat and put it in.. it's not a really big deal , i had to do it on my drivers seat

if you need more help let me know.. it doesn't throw any codes in the computer

when i said "click" i was talking about the relay under the seat. maybe i am missing an obvious clue here. the relay should click when i turn on the switch. it does on the pass seat but not the driver seat. does each seat have its own fuse? i gotta check that again. maybe i should put the driver seat relay on the pass side and see if it clicks? i know the pass side switch/relay parts are good. that seat works ok.

Archived