CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey folks,

I have an 02 DTS, i developed a misfire on #6 a few days back, only code was 0300, miss at idle and under load (climbing a grade on freeway and leaving stop light). I first investigated and found the wiring harness at the evap solenoid to have a broken wire, fixed that and the "check gas cap" warning went away. Pulled all 8 injectors, all fine. Pulled #6 plug, looked horrible, replaced all 8 plugs and boots, not fixed, no improvement. Checked CMP speed, it was showing idle speed with key on engine off, replaced cam sensor, MAJOR IMPROVEMENT, the CMP speed is still not showing 0 when I shut the engine off, it shows 25-55RPM's unless I let the datastream completely reset and then turn the key back on, then it shows 0, miss only at idle and at acceleration thru 1st gear, pretty much gone everywhere else, ESPECIALLY under load!! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION!! I am so confused.

Any help would be much appreciated,

P.S. My SES light is out, is there a bulb to replace or is it a computer or dash module issue?

If you replaced the plugs and boots and the injectors are good, the only thing left that I can think of is the ignition cassette. It houses the coils.

Hey folks,

I have an 02 DTS, i developed a misfire on #6 a few days back, only code was 0300, miss at idle and under load (climbing a grade on freeway and leaving stop light). I first investigated and found the wiring harness at the evap solenoid to have a broken wire, fixed that and the "check gas cap" warning went away. Pulled all 8 injectors, all fine. Pulled #6 plug, looked horrible, replaced all 8 plugs and boots, not fixed, no improvement. Checked CMP speed, it was showing idle speed with key on engine off, replaced cam sensor, MAJOR IMPROVEMENT, the CMP speed is still not showing 0 when I shut the engine off, it shows 25-55RPM's unless I let the datastream completely reset and then turn the key back on, then it shows 0, miss only at idle and at acceleration thru 1st gear, pretty much gone everywhere else, ESPECIALLY under load!! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION!! I am so confused.

Any help would be much appreciated,

P.S. My SES light is out, is there a bulb to replace or is it a computer or dash module issue?

We replaced the SPARKPLUG but first blow out the moisture (it had rained alot the last few days) and it fixed PO300.

RubyRose

If you replaced the plugs and boots and the injectors are good, the only thing left that I can think of is the ignition cassette. It houses the coils.

Hey Ranger,

I greatly appreciate your response. I am with you on this, the only thing left is the cassette, however I can't find the cassette for purchase alone, I can only find the complete coil and cassette assembly, which is fine, it's only $240, I just don't want to be throwing the money away. This afternoon, I sprayed carb cleaner EVERYWHERE and there was no change in the running. I have to believe that the coil/cassette will solve it, I just a little nervous to pull a $240 trigger without being able to see the target, if ya know what I mean. At any rate, thank you again for your assistance.

We replaced the SPARKPLUG but first blew out the moisture (it had rained alot the last few days) and it fixed PO300.

RubyRose

Thank you Ruby Rose, I am quite particular about my engine work and I did blow the holes out and cleaned everything. I appreciate you taking time to reply.

Archived