CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Intermittent heater fan

Does anyone have a heater motor control module for a 2003 Seville STS. I think mine has kicked the bucket.

Sometimes the fan rus and most of the time it does't. Dealer wants a fortune.

It is pretty cold up here in Canada. I made a voltage check at the connector and got a pulse rather than a full 12v. I applied 12v to the motor and it ran full speed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Ron

Does anyone have a heater motor control module for a 2003 Seville STS. I think mine has kicked the bucket.

The control modules rarely fail.

Sometimes the fan rus and most of the time it does't....

Brsuhes sticking or worn down to where the spring tension is not enough to maintain brush-to-commutater contact. Or the input voltage connector pins are not making reliable contact.

I made a voltage check at the connector and got a pulse rather than a full 12v.

That is correct and the control module is operating properly. Motor speed is controled by PWM.

I applied 12v to the motor and it ran full speed.

Who knows why, but disconnecting the motor connector and manipulating an external source of 12 V might just point at loose pins in the chassis harness connector.

Warmer weather is just around the corner !!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks for the reply. I had posted a month or so ago thinking it was the motor, I have since bought a new motor and that one doesn't work either. So I still think it is the module. I dont know if they can be repaired or not. Anyway anyone need a new fan motor.

Ron

Archived